The human body is amazing. I know that is something that we hear all of the time – on tv, on the internet, in commercials, etc.
Today, I came to the realization that I really do love my own body. Here is why:
1. It contains my brain. I love learning, and reading, and being able to function in general, and the brain is essential to life.
2. It contains my heart – the literal one and the figurative one. I like being able to be alive. And while sometimes it hurts to have feelings, sometimes it is more than worth it. Like when I gave my whole heart to a small human being that I helped create and grew.
3. I can grow human beings!
4. I can run, or jog rather. And today I did. And while the cold air hurt my lungs, and tomorrow my muscles will be sore, I felt so good that I smiled throughout my jog.
5. I can smile, and really, who does not like smiling?
6. I have ears which allow me to listen to and appreciate music of all kinds. I love music!
7. It is unique. I have freckles, and stretch marks from birth, and crooked teeth and a decidedly Roman nose. And all of that makes me, me, and I am finally learning to just love me.
Roman statue’s nose